The KC Beauty Academy basic cosmetology course is designed to give you the highest quality training. Students will learn hairdressing, coloring, precision hair cutting, permanent waving and more. Upon graduating from our learning center, you will be confident and prepared for the State Board Examination, the first step in the launch of your successful career.
Curriculum: The curriculum for students enrolled in a cosmetology course shall consist of sixteen hundred (1,600) clock hours of technical instruction and practical training covering all practices constituting the art of cosmetology pursuant to Section 7316 of the Barbering and Cosmetology Act. The hours can be completed in approximately 12 months of full-time attendance. For the purpose of this section, technical instruction shall mean instruction by demonstration, lecture, classroom participation and examination. Practical operation shall mean actual performance by the student of a complete service on another person or mannequin.
Under the direct supervision of highly trained teachers, our students will learn to use a full
range of the latest facial equipment for accurate analysis and skin care treatments. Anatomy,
facials, chemical peels and waxing are among the important topics taught in an actual spa
setting. Classes also include complete hands-on application techniques for corrective makeup and false eyelashes.
Curriculum: The curriculum for Cosmetician course shall consist of six hundred (600) clock hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all practices of a Cosmetician, pursuant to Section 7354 of the Cosmetology Act. For the purpose of this section, technical instruction shall mean instruction by demonstration, lecture classroom participation, or examination. Practical operation shall mean the actual performance by the student of a complete service on another person.
Manicurists are much sought after to work in salons and spas. The Manicuring class at KC Beauty Academy takes the profession to the next level, as we incorporate the most innovative nail technologies and techniques to the course outline.
Curriculum Beauty Academy offers advanced spa manicuring and pedicuring as a 400-hour course allowing for in-depth instruction of nail technology. Instruction includes applicable health, safety and sanitation regulations, in addition to training in the basic techniques of water/oil manicures, pedicures, nail repairs, nail enhancements (wraps, acrylics and gels) and massage of the hands, arms, feet and ankles.
KC Beauty Academy will give you all the skills and knowledge you need to pass the practical barber examination required for a barber license in California. To become a barber in California, you will need to attend a licensed barber school in the state. KC Beauty Academy requires that you complete at least 1,500 hours of training and instruction in a licensed barber program. You will then need to pass the written and practical exam that is put forth by the California State Board of Cosmetology. We have small classes and that ensures that the master teacher will have enough time to dedicate maximum attention to you. If you want success in your barbering career as a master barber or if you are planning to open your own salon, KC Beauty Academy will help you with that!
Advanced Cosmetology (level: Beginner /Intermediate / Advance) each course 72 hours
Ⅰ：This program is customized hairstyling included you want and you choose. You can combine various techniques for your salon’s educational needs which is period hairstyle / Modern up do/3Dup do/wedding up do
Ⅱ：we will teach Asian Hair Technology and Knowledge including on the actual model such as Japanese Straightening/Ombre/Bailage trendy disconnection haircut.
Ⅲ：kc graduate students,technical skill improvement seen as a desired job placement as preparation for employment guidance, we will provide support that cover interviewing techniques, networking, resume writing, and professional dress and conduct such as interview procedure and interview procedure.
Special Effects Makeup (level: Beginner /Intermediate /Advance) each course 72 hours
This Beginner class is comprised of techniques for injury simulation, scratches, bruises, burns and effect hair application
Intermediate class covers everything needed to create realistic simulated effects and characters. Students will learn both two-dimensional (using only makeup) and three-dimensional (using gelatin and silicone) character techniques. bald caps and old-age makeup.
This advance class teaches the creation and application of multi-piece prosthetics, and airbrush techniques. All students will have the opportunity to learn about advanced special effects lab technique, materials and processes. This class is a must for those who want to have a career in creature and special FX makeup.
Theatrical Makeup: (level: Beginner /Intermediate /Advance) each course 72 hours
Based on the conceptual model, theater makeup and shoot portfolio that allow them to demonstrate their understanding of the skills.
Ⅰ：Theatrical in high definition (HD)makeup for fashion and runway
Ⅱ：Stage makeup for musical character
Ⅲ： Airbrush makeup for editorial shooting
Hair /Make up Film &TV (level: Beginner /Intermediate /Advance) each course 72 hours
This course covers the procedure of hair makeup based
on the storyboard you made, then shoot the site and create DVD.
Instructor Training (level: Beginner /Intermediate /Advance) each course 72 hours
StepⅠ：The curriculum for an instructor program includes teaching theory and aids, class management and motivation, evaluation methods, practical teaching and curriculum design. Cosmetology-related areas of study include topics in hair, skin and nail care. Programs are usually divided into lectures and practical sessions
StepⅡ: Get Work Experience in teaching methods, curriculum development and working with students.
At a student salon in a beauty school under supervision of the supervisor you will experience the support for the students.
StepⅢ：Experienced instructors may seek promotions to positions such as senior educator or cosmetology school manager. We will teach cosmetology school opening and professional organizations
Cosmetology Refresher:(100 hours) Professional instructor assistance
all state board exams also ideal for cosmetology technicians, and are particularly
helpful for technicians who have to update their skills.
KC Beauty Academy Student Enrollment Agreement
706 E. 1st Street Los Angeles, CA 90012 (213) 253 9999
1日スキルアップ 体験美容留学 海外美容研修 美容学校研修
First Name: Last Name:
City: State: Zip Code:
- Citizen: Yes No
Driver’s License: Transfer Hours:
Period Covered by the Enrollment Agreement:
Start Date: Expected Graduation Date: Contracted Hours:
Student is to attend a total of Student’s personal schedule is:
Day of the Week
All classes and orientation sessions are taught in English, and as such, all agreements, disclosures, and statements shall be in English. However, if English is not the student’s primary language, and the student is unable to understand the terms and conditions of the enrollment agreement, the student shall have the right to obtain a clear explanation of the terms and conditions and all cancellation and refund policies in his or her primary language.
CONTRACT COSTS AND PAYMENT TERMS
Student and sponsor (if applicable) agree to pay the school the tuition and fees for the program selected according to the approved payment plan stated below. The school may, at its option and without notice, prevent student from attending class until any applicable unpaid balance or payments are satisfied. School will charge additional tuition for hours remaining after the contract ending date at the rate of $10.00 per hour, payable in advance until graduation. The school may charge a $15.00 transcript fee for transcript requests. The school will charge a registration fee for students enrolling of $75.00. A transferring fee of $200.00 will be charged to transfer hours from previous schools. The school will charge a re-entry fee to students who have withdrawn and wish to re-enter more than 30 days after termination, of $75.00. The tuition rates current at the time of re-entry will apply to the balance of training hours needed for students who re-enroll more than 30 days after the formal withdrawal date unless mitigating circumstances apply.
Methods of Payment
KC Beauty Academy does not offer state or federal financial aid programs. Methods of payment include full payment at time of signing the Enrollment Agreement, registration fee paid at time of signing agreement with balance paid prior to start date or through an approved payment plan. Cash, check, money order, credit card with a transaction fee are acceptable forms of payments. Payments made in accordance with the student’s payment schedule are due on the 10th of each month. Payments past due will be charged a $10.00 late fee. All institutional charges must be paid in full before hours may be released. The institution will retain unpaid hours until payment in full is complete. At the institution’s option in a case-by-case basis credit hours paid may be released to the student. Full payment of all institutional charges is a graduation requirement. If a student obtains a student loan, the student will have the responsibility for repaying the loan amount plus any loan fees and interest accrued on the loan, less the amount of any refund, and that, if the student receives federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of the money not paid from federal financial aid funds.
Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): STRF Fee (Non-Refundable): Tuition Fee:
Book: Equipment/Lab Fee: Transfer Fee: Transaction Fee: Other:
Down Payment: Balance Due:
Student Name Printed Student Signature Date
Parent/Guardian Name Printed (if applicable) Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Page 2 of 6
STUDENT TUITION RECOVERY FUND
The State of California established the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) to relieve or mitigate economic loss suffered by a student in an educational program at a qualifying institution, who is or was a California resident while enrolled, or was enrolled in a residency program, if the student enrolled in the institution, prepaid tuition, and suffered an economic loss. Unless relieved of the obligation to do so, you must pay the state-imposed assessment for the STRF, or it must be paid on your behalf, if you are a student in an educational program, who is a California resident, or are enrolled in a residency program, and prepay all or part of your tuition.
You are not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF assessment, if you are not a California resident, or are not enrolled in a residency program.
It is important that you keep copies of your enrollment agreement, financial aid documents, receipts, or any other information that documents the amount paid to the school. Questions regarding the STRF may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, (916) 431-6959 or (888)
To be eligible for STRF, you must be a California resident or are enrolled in a residency program, prepaid tuition, paid or deemed to have paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:
- The institution, a location of the institution, or an educational program offered by the institution was closed or discontinued, and you did not choose to participate in a teach-out plan approved by the Bureau or did not complete a chosen teach-out plan approved by the Bureau.
- You were enrolled at an institution or a location of the institution within the 120 day period before the closure of the institution or location of the institution, or were enrolled in an educational program within the 120 day period before the program was
- You were enrolled at an institution or a location of the institution more than 120 days before the closure of the institution or location of the institution, in an educational program offered by the institution as to which the Bureau determined there was a significant decline in the quality or value of the program more than 120 days before
- The institution has been ordered to pay a refund by the Bureau but has failed to do
- The institution has failed to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federal student loan program as required by law, or has failed to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the institution in excess of tuition and other
- You have been awarded restitution, a refund, or other monetary award by an arbitrator or court, based on a violation of this chapter by an institution or representative of an institution, but have been unable to collect the award from the institution.
- You sought legal counsel that resulted in the cancellation of one or more of your student loans and have an invoice for services rendered and evidence of the cancellation of the student loan or
To qualify for STRF reimbursement, the application must be received within four (4) years from the date of the action or event that made the student eligible for recovery from STRF.
A student whose loan is revived by a loan holder or debt collector after a period of noncollection may, at any time, file a written application for recovery from STRF for the debt that would have otherwise been eligible for recovery. If it has been more than four (4) years since the action or event that made the student eligible, the student must have filed a written application for recovery within the original four (4) year period, unless the period has been extended by another act of law.
However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or a taxpayer identification number.
GENERAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT
- Shall provide programs of study that meet minimum curriculum requirements as prescribed by the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. All classes are taught in
- May change kit contents, textbooks, dress code, curriculum format, teaching materials or educational methods at its
- Will grant a diploma of graduation and Official Transcript of Hours for the applicable course when the student has successfully completed all phases of study, required tests, practical assignments; passed a final comprehensive written and practical examination; completed the program of study according to State requirements; completed all exit paperwork; attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for payment of all debts owed to the
- Will issue an Official Transcript of Hours to students who withdraw prior to program completion when the student has successfully completed the required exit paperwork, attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for debts owed the school as approved by the
GENERAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT
- Will assist graduates in finding suitable employment by posting area employment opportunities and teaching Job Readiness classes, but placement is not
- May terminate a student’s enrollment for noncompliance with General Policies, this contract, or State Laws and Regulations; Improper conduct or any action which causes or could cause bodily harm to a client, a student, or employee of the school; willful destruction of school property; and theft or any illegal
- Agrees to pay applicable school and state fees and provide all required registration paperwork in a timely
- Agrees to comply with all Standards of Conduct, General Policies, State Laws and Regulations, and educational requirements including clinic
- Agrees not to refuse to perform client services or other program
- Agrees to provide all financial aid documents, if applicable, in the designated time
- Agrees to comply with the school’s dress code at all times and project a professional image representative of the cosmetology and image
- Agrees to comply with the assigned schedule for the applicable program of study which may change from time to time at the discretion of the
- Agrees to attend theory class as scheduled for the duration of the course of study regardless of whether all required tests have been taken and
- Understands that minimumattendanceandgraderequirementsmustbemaintainedforsatisfactoryacademic
- Understands that he/she is responsible for the state licensing exam fee and other examination or licensing related expenses.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL – REFUND POLICY – NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
A student (or legal guardian) has the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid except a $75 non-refundable registration fee through attendance at the first class session (first day of class), or the seventh day after enrollment (seven days from the date when the enrollment agreement was signed), whichever is later.
You have until this date: to cancel or withdraw.
- A student (or legal guardian) has the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid except a $75 non-refundable registration fee through attendance at the first class session (first day of class), or the seventh day after enrollment (seven days from the date when the enrollment agreement was signed), whichever is
- For applicants who cancel enrollment or students who withdraw from enrollment a fair and equitable settlement will The following policy will apply to all terminations for any reason, by either party, including student decision, course or program cancellation, or school closure.
- Any monies due to the applicant or students shall be refunded within 45 days of official cancellation or withdrawal.
Official cancellation or withdrawal shall occur on the earlier of the dates that:
- An applicant is not accepted by the The applicant shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
- A student (or legal guardian) cancels his/her enrollment in writing within three business days of signing the enrollment agreement. In this case all monies collected by the school shall be refunded, regardless of whether or not the student has actually started
- A student notifies the institution of his/her withdrawal in
- A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he/she will not be The date of withdrawal shall be the earlier of the date of expiration of the leave of absence or the date the student notifies the institution that the student will not be returning.
- A student is expelled by the (Unofficial withdrawals will be determined by the institution by monitoring attendance at least every 30 days.)
- In type 2, 3, 4 or 5, official cancellations or withdrawals, the cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on the written notification, or the date said notification is delivered to the school administrator or owner in
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION.
The transferability of credits you earn at KC Beauty Academy is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the certificate you earn in the Cosmetology, Esthetician, Manicure, Barber to Cosmetology Crossover, Cosmetology to Barber Crossover and Barbering programs are also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the certificate that you earn at this institution is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending
KC Beauty Academy to determine if your certificate willtransfer.
PERCENT OF SCHEDULED TIME TOTAL TUITION SCHOOL ENROLLED TO TOTAL COURSE/PROGRAM SHALL RECEIVE/RETAIN
0,01% to 60% Proata calculation: based on Scheduled hours x hourly rate equals the school retained portion.
60.1% or more School retains 100%
- If a student chooses to withdraw from the institution for any reason, a student must give written notice of cancellation to the School Director, at the address of the school shown on this agreement. The student may also mail, hand deliver, or e-mail the cancellation. The written notice of cancellation, if sent is effective when deposited in the mail, properly addressed with prepaid postage. Cancellation notices are to be addressed to: KC Beauty Academy, 706 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA
- All refunds will be calculated based on the students last date of attendance. Any monies due a student who withdraws shall be refunded within 45 days of a determination that a student has withdrawn, whether officially or In the case of disabling illness or injury, death in the student’s immediate family or other documented mitigating circumstances, a reasonable and fair refund settlement will be made. If permanently closed or no longer offering instruction after a student has enrolled, the school will provide a pro rata refund of tuition to the student OR provide course completion through a pre-arranged teach out agreement with another institution. If the course is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course at a later time. If the course is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course at a later time. If the course is canceled after students have enrolled and instruction has begun, the school shall provide a pro-rata refund for all students transferring to another school based on the hours accepted by the receiving school OR provide completion of the course OR participate in a Teach-Out Agreement OR provide a full refund of all monies paid.
- KC Beauty Academy does not offer state or federal financial aid If a student has received federal student financial aid program funds, the student is entitled to a refund of monies not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
- If the student defaults on a federal or state loan, both the following may occur: (1) The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against the student, including applying any income tax refund to which the person is entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan. (2) The student may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government financial assistance at another institution until the loan is repaid. *KC Beauty Academy is not currently eligible to participate in federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs
Prior to signing this enrollment agreement, you must be given a catalog or brochure and a School Performance Fact Sheet, which you are encouraged to review prior to signing this agreement. These documents contain important policies and performance data for this institution. This institution is required to have you sign and date the information included in the School Performance Fact Sheet relating to completion rates, placement rates, license examination passage rates, and salaries or wages, and the most recent three-year cohort default rate, if applicable, prior to signing this agreement
I certify that I have received the catalog, School Performance Fact Sheet, and information regarding completion rates, placement rates, license examination passage rates, and salary or wage information, and the most recent three-year cohort default rate, if applicable, included in the School Performance Fact sheet, and have signed, initialed, and dated the information provided in the School Performance Fact Sheet.
TOTAL CHARGES FOR THE CURRENT PERIOD OF ATTENDANCE: ESTIMATED TOTAL CHARGES FOR THE ENTIRE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM: TOTAL CHARGES THE STUDENT IS OBLIGATED TO PAY UPON ENROLLMENT:
Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798. www.bppe.ca.gov Phone: (916) 431-6959 Fax: (916) 263-1897.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888-370-7589) or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s Internet Web site, www.bppe.ca.gov.
This six (6) page Agreement constitutes a legally binding contract between the student and the school when signed by all applicable parties and upon acceptance by the school. By signing below, you certify that you have read all pages. You will receive an exact copy of the signed contract. Keep it to protect your rights.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I understand that this is a legally binding contract. My signature below certifies that I have read, understand, and agreed to my rights and responsibilities, and that the institution’s cancellation and refund policies have been clearly explained to me.
Student Name Printed Student Signature Date
Parent/Guardian Name Printed (if applicable) Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Accepted by School Official Printed School OfficialSignature Date